Blisque Organic Toothpaste was created because of negligence in the organic oral health care market. A truly luxurious and well-engineered toothpaste that used unparalleled researched organic ingredients did not exist.
We were set on a mission to accomplish a toothpaste that only consisted of genuinely natural and organic ingredients. A toothpaste where every ingredient was beneficial and necessary; where every ingredient came from the earth and caused no harm to users nor to the environment. Even though many dentifrices exist, none of them satisfy the requirements of an ideal toothpaste.
The several so-called "natural" brands of toothpaste available on the market are not legitimate. Once you study their labels, its reminiscent of your college chemistry textbook. This is because they are loaded with synthetic compounds and artificial derivatives of what was previously natural raw material.
Our team was on a quest to find ingredients that worked in symphony to combat problems people have today with their oral health. These problems include cavities, inflamed or bleeding gums, bad breath, and plaque buildup. Our aim was to effectively kill and wash out the bacteria that cause these ailments.
Lastly, we wanted to create oral care products that were pH balanced. The majority of oral care products today have a pH level below 7, which classifies them as acidic. A slightly basic pH level is optimal for the oral cavity in order to neutralize bacterial acids to help prevent tooth decay.
In conclusion, we want to set a gold standard for toothpaste and oral care as a whole. This standard must emphasize truly natural and organic ingredients that protect and benefit oral health while catering uniquely designed opulent products.
The company’s mission is to deliver the absolute best combination of ingredients in each and every single product. “Best ingredients” are referred to as:
1. Natural and organic when possible. (Some ingredients, such as Himalayan Pink Salt, cannot be certified organic, but are still 100% natural and derived from the earth.)
2. Ingredients that are the highest quality of their respective category. (For example, coconut oil can be expeller pressed and/or processed with synthetics or it can be organically harvested, cold-pressed, and virgin like the coconut oil used in Blisque Organic Toothpaste. These features make it superior to other forms of coconut oil. The same can be said for salt: Himalayan Pink Salt is the most premium salt, while iodized table salt with anti-caking agents is inferior in the salt category.)
3. Ingredients that have not been treated or processed with harmful chemicals. (SLS, an ingredient found in most toothpaste, is usually touted as natural because it is derived from an ingredient found in coconuts: lauryl alcohol. However, in order to extract lauryl alcohol, coconuts must be severely chemically processed. Furthermore, to convert lauryl alcohol into SLS, it must undergo the process of sulfation by mixing it with sulfur trioxide or chlorosulfonic acid and then neutralized with a cation source. Ultimately, SLS is a product of the lab and calling it natural deviates from the truth.)
4. Ingredients that were not made synthetically. (An example of this would be baking soda. Baking soda can be manufactured using a chemical process or it can be naturally mined. Blisque Organic Toothpaste and Mouthwash use baking soda that was naturally mined in Colorado.)
5. Ingredients that don't pollute the earth. (Using any product filled with chemicals contaminates the ecosphere. This does not only entail oral care products. Many commercial personal care items contain similar corrosive chemicals. They are used by consumers daily eventually leading into ocean waters.)
At Blisque, we aim to create change and leave a lasting legacy by providing the safest, most effective earth-friendly oral care products in the world.
Sincerely Emil I.,
Founder of Blisque